Know what is double chance in betting & place bets on 2 out of 3 bet options for great outcomes. Learn how to play double chance at W88 with W88you 3-step guide.
In sports betting there are many different kinds of betting options you can choose from however, whenever bettors go to wager on one of them, they do so with one question in mind: which is the best betting option out of them all? And to answer this question as well as explain how you can bet on the best betting option, let us use W88 to tell you about what is Double Chance betting in sports. With this betting option, our explanation, and W88’s sportsbook, you will start gaining good payouts on this sports bet.
What is Double Chance in betting?
The answer to what is Double Chance in betting is in the name itself where you can get to bet double to increase your chances of winning, and this is exactly what makes this betting option better than the others. It is an option very similar to the popular 1X2 bet, where you can bet on the Home, Draw, or Away sub-betting options, but the only difference here is that in Double Chance, you get to pick 2 out of the 3 sub-betting options.
To understand what is Double Chance in betting let us look at what a Football 1X2 bet means first. In the 1X2 main betting option, there are 3 sub-betting options 1-X-2, where you can place bets on any one of the three in the sportsbook. The double chance betting option is the same, except that you can choose any two of the three in the sportsbook. So, if 1 means Home, X means Tie, and 2 means Away, then the sub-betting options of the Double Chance bets are as follows:
Home or Tie (1X): The first sub-betting option under Double Chance is Home or Tie where you place bets on the 1X of the three betting options in 1X2 bets. Here, if 1 or X wins, then you will win the bet and if 2 wins, you will lose the bet.
Tie or Away (X2): The second sub-betting option under Double Chance is the Tie or Away where you place bets on the X2 of the three betting options in 1X2 bets. Here, if X or 2 wins, then you will win the bet but if 1 wins, then you will lose the bet.
Home or Away (12): The third sub-betting option under Double Chance is Home or Away where you place bets on the 12 of the three betting options in the 1X2 bets. Here, if 1 or 2 wins, then you will win the bet but if X wins, then you will lose the bet.
3 case examples of the Double Chance bet in soccer
Although the Double Chance betting option is available for sports like Tennis and Basketball, the most popular Double Chance betting option comes under Soccer, Malaysia’s most preferred sport. So, using examples from Soccer matches, let us look at the above-mentioned explanation for what is Double Chance in betting in depth with bite-sized explanations for each of the sub-betting options and their conditions to win.
AC Milan or Tie (1X): Here, you are placing bets to predict that either the Home team AC Milan will win or that there will be a draw between the teams. This means that you are placing bets to indicate that either 1 or X would win the match.
Condition: Your bets will win if the AC Milan team wins or if there is a Draw between the teams. If Napoli wins the match then the bets placed on AC Milan or Tie will lose.
Tie or Napoli (X2): With this, you are placing bets to predict that either there will be a tie between the teams or that the Away team Napoli will win. This means that you are placing bets to predict that either X or 2 will win the match.
Condition: Your bets will win if the Napoli team wins or if there is a Draw between the teams. If AC Milan wins the match then the bets placed on Tie or Napoli will lose.
AC Milan or Napoli (12): Here, you are placing bets to predict that either of the teams, the Home team AC Milan or the Away team Napoli will win the match. This means you are placing bets to expect that either 1 or 2 will win the match.
Condition: Your bets will win if AC Milan or Napoli wins the match. If the match ends in a Draw between the teams then the bets placed on AC Milan or Napoli will lose.
Place a Double Chance bet in 3 steps at W88 Malaysia
Now that you know all about what is Double Chance in betting let us take a look at how you can place Double Chance bets in sportsbooks. For this section, we have taken the help of W88 Malaysia as it is a good betting site for beginners as new members get to claim W88 Promotion bonuses up to RM150.
Step 1: Join W88 and visit a sportsbook of your choice
- So the first thing that you must do is create a W88 account by clicking on ‘Join‘ and this will give you access to the W88 registration form that you must fill out with precision for security purposes.
- Once done, ensure that you have logged in on the site with your new accounts by clicking on ‘Login‘ and entering your login credentials.
- Once you have completed the signup process in the W88 Register on the site, you must hover your mouse cursor or click on ‘Sports‘ to access all the sportsbooks on the betting site.
- From here, you can pick your preferred sportsbook and move on to step 2. Here, we decided to go ahead with the e-Sport European sportsbook as all the matches are organized very well which makes sports betting easier. Moreover, this sportsbook has betting rates starting from RM5 only which makes it extremely pocket-friendly.
Step 2: Filter the sportsbook and select a soccer match
- In step 2, you will find yourself on a page with all the available matches from different sports with their betting options. So, from here you must filter out the sportsbook by clicking on ‘Soccer‘ to access only football matches.
- As you can see, you can further filter out the sportsbook by selecting a country and league to find a suitable match to play Double Chance betting.
- Once you have completed filtering the W88 Sportsbook as instructed above, you can go ahead and scroll down to click on any match of your choice since the Double Chance betting option is one of the main bets available under all matches.
- Here we filtered the sportsbook to get all soccer matches under the Europe Champions League also known as the UEFA Champions League as it is one of the major leagues in football. Under this, we selected a match played between Manchester City and Bayern Munich, two of the best teams in this league.
Step 3: Click on a sub-betting option and fill in the bet slip
- At the start of step 3, you will find yourself on a page with all the betting options for the match you selected so here you must scroll down to locate the Double Chance betting option.
- Once done, you can click on your preferred sub-betting option. This will open a W88 sportsbook bet slip to the right side of your screen.
- In this bet slip, you will see the betting odds for the double chance sub-betting option you selected. And once you enter the betting stake in the given slot, you will see the payout you will receive if your bet wins.
- To lock your bet in the sportsbook, you must click on ‘Place Bets‘ and then watch the match in the sportsbook on the match day for the results.
In the image example above, we have placed an RM5 bet on the Tie or Bayern Munich which is the X2 Double Chance betting option as it has the highest betting odds of 1.89. So, the payout we will receive if the X2 sub-betting option wins would be RM9.45.
Betting odds & pay-outs in Double Chance betting
Knowing How Football Betting Odds Work and making use of the given odds when placing bets in sportsbooks is extremely important as the betting odds have a huge effect on the payout you will receive if your bet wins even if you wagered with the minimum betting rate in the sportsbook. The higher the betting odds, the more payout you are likely to receive as the payout is calculated by multiplying the betting odds with the betting stake – Betting Odds x Betting Stake = Total Payout.
|Home or Tie
|Tie or Away
|Home or Away
|Condition: Bets win if Manchester City wins or if the match draws
|Condition: Bets win if Bayern Munich wins or if the match draws
|Condition: Bets win if Manchester City or Bayern Munich wins
|Betting odds: 1.27
|Betting odds: 1.89
|Betting odds: 1.26
|Betting stake: RM5
|Betting stake: RM5
|Betting stake: RM5
|Payout if the bet wins: RM6.35
|Payout if the bet wins: RM9.45
|Payout if the bet wins: RM6.30
As you can see in the table mentioned above, the betting odds for the X2 or Tie or Away betting option are higher than the others and so, for the same betting stake, we received more payout that the others. This makes the X2 Double Chance sub-betting option a good choice for high payouts, but it is important to analyze previous match stats in the sportsbooks to place accurate bets in the sportsbook.
This was all about What is Double Chance in Betting with image examples from W88 and a how-to-bet guide from W88you. Remember to always place accurate bets on Double Chance betting using your observations and statistical data provided by the sportsbook you select. With this we wish you luck to place a Double Chance bet and for more easy tutorials like this, be sure to keep in touch with W88you, Asia’s top betting guide.