What is Asian handicap 2.5 meaning in sports betting? Bet on HDP +2.5 or -2.5 for underdogs or favorites at W88 Malaysia. Join & win a 100% bonus of up to RM150.
Football handicap betting option is something many people may find confusing and if you are a beginner in sports betting online then it definitely would be confusing. This is because this betting option does not depend on the final results of the match, however, the conditions of the handicap betting option require the match to go in certain ways for the bets placed on the teams to win. To know more about the handicap betting option we will be using the Asian Handicap 2.5 meaning, as well as examples from the sportsbooks of W88, Asia’s top online betting site.
How does Handicap work in Football betting?
Understanding the handicap betting option in sports like football is simple but since there are .5 goals or half goals in the conditions, this option can be difficult to bet on and so many people avoid it. All you must remember to understand the Asian handicap betting option is that the end result depends on the extra virtual goals given to the underdog teams and the same amount of virtual goals taken away from the stronger teams.
To dive deeper into what is said above about Handicap Betting in Football, imagine a match between a stronger and an underdog team, here the stronger team would obviously be the favourite team and so predicting the outcome of such games is very simple but if there is a condition where the underdog team is given a head-start of certain goals while the stronger team is given a handicap of the same number of goals, then the match evens out and makes betting even more thrilling.
This is exactly what Handicap bets do: it gives the underdog team additional (+) goals while it takes away (-) the same amount of goals from the stronger or favourite teams as handicap goals are given based on the strength difference between both the teams. So, if the stronger team has a -1 handicap then their real match-end result would get a -1 goal and if the underdog team has a +1 head-start, then their real match-end result would get an extra +1 goal.
Understand the Asian Handicap 2.5 meaning with examples
The above-given example was for the Asian Handicap 1 Meaning, as this makes it easy to understand what handicap betting in football is about. However in matches with .5 handicap goals, this betting option can be tricky to place bets on, so to understand half-goal handicap matches, let us help you understand the Asian Handicap 2.5 meaning with examples.
In the 2.5 handicap bet, the teams Tottenham and Nottingham Forest are given a -2.5 and +2.5 goal disadvantage and advantage, respectively, which means that the difference between the teams is two goals and a half.
The 2.5 and other handicap difference with a .5 goal, comes from the average of the handicap goal numbers before and after it, so in this case, the 2.5 handicap bet is given based on the average of 2 goal handicap bets and 3 goal handicap bets using the equation (2+3)/2 = 2.5.
These handicap and headstart conditions come with conditions that both the teams must follow.. These conditions are what determine the winner of the bets in the sportsbook and so, they are very important to understand.
Let us now separate the example given above into 2 cases and look at the conditions given to each of the teams one by one.
Case 1: Tottenham has a handicap of -2.5 goals in the sportsbook
Here, the team must win the match by 3 or more goals for bets placed on them to win. If Tottenham wins the match by 2 goals, draws the match, or loses the match, then the bets placed on them will lose. So, if Tottenham wins the match by scoring 3 goals, then they will have 3 – 2.5 = 0.5 goals in the sportsbook.
Case 2: Nottingham Forest has a head-start of +2.5 goals in the sportsbook
Here, the team must win the match, lose the match by 2 goals or draw the match for bets on them to win. If Nottingham Forest loses the match with 3 or more goals, then the bets on them will lose. So, if Nottingham Forest loses the match by 1 goal, then they will have 1 + 2.5 = 3.5 goals in the sportsbook.
3-step guide on how to place Asian Handicap 2.5 bets in W88 Sportsbook
Now that you know the Asian Handicap 2.5 meaning in football betting it is time for a quick tutorial on how you can place your bets in the sportsbook of W88, one of Asia’s top online betting sites. There are many reasons why one must use W88 as their go-to online betting site but the most important reason here is that the site is beginner-friendly and helps its new members with the W88 Promotion bonus that they can claim for sports betting online.
Step 1: Log in to your W88 accounts and select a sportsbook
- So, the first thing that you must do is join W88 by registering an account on the site by clicking on ‘Join‘. This will take you to the registration form which you must fill out with precision.
- Once done, you must click on ‘Login‘ to make sure that you are completely logged into your W88 account with the new credentials that you just created.
- Once done with creating an account in the W88 Register, you will be taken to the homepage of the website, where you must access the sportsbooks by clicking on or hovering your cursor over ‘Sports‘.
- This will introduce you to all the available sportsbooks on the site from which you must click on your preferred sportsbook.
- Here, we have decided to go ahead with the e-Sports Asian sportsbook as the betting options and odds are provided in a very organized and accessible manner here where you can filter out your preferred options and place bets starting from RM5 only.
Step 2: Pick an Asian Handicap 2.5 match under Soccer
- When you enter the sportsbook that you select, you will notice all the matches from different sports on the page with their betting options and betting odds. But since we want to play the Asian Handicap 2.5 bet, we must first filter out the sportsbook by clicking on ‘Soccer‘ from the left side menu.
- Under the soccer option, you can even find more filtering options where you can select matches for today, live, or upcoming matches and even place outright bets on leagues. Here, we filtered out the option to select a match from the Early Market since we can free up our schedules for the match day!
- Once done as instructed above, you will be introduced to all the soccer matches based on your filter in the W88 Sportsbook, and from these, you must locate a match with HDP 2.5 bet option. When you do so, you must click on the match to access the betting options and bet slip, and proceed with step 3.
- Here, we located an HDP 2.5 match played between Bayern Munich and Augsburg where Bayern Munich has a handicap of -2.5 goals and Augsburg has a head-start of +2.5 goals.
Step 3: Fill out the bet slip and lock in your bets for the match!
- In the final step of this Asian Handicap 2.5 betting tutorial, you must place your bets that take less than 5 seconds if you know which sub-betting option to use.
- So, when you complete step 2, you should find yourself on a page with all the betting options for the match you selected. From these, you must find the Full Time or FT Asian Handicap bet option and then click on your preferred sub-betting option.
- This will open up a bet slip to the left side of your screen where you will be able to see the betting odds and the payout you may receive after you enter your betting stake in the given slot.
- To lock in your bets for the match you must click on ‘Place Bets‘ and then come back to watch the match in the sportsbook itself to see if you win the bet or not. You can also use some Asian Handicap Football Tips to place bets with even more accuracy.
In the image example above, we have decided to go ahead with placing a bet on Augsburg with a head-start advantage of +2.5 goals and betting odds of 2.00. The betting stake we placed on them is RM5 which will give us a payout of RM10.00 if they manage to complete the handicap conditions.
Betting with odds and handicap conditions: Which one is more important?
In the last section of the Asian Handicap 2.5 meaning article, let us give you a quick understanding of how the betting odds and handicap conditions can affect the bets you place. In most online betting options, the betting odds help the gamblers decide which option would be a better one to go with as higher odds offer higher pay however, in the handicap matches, the question of which one is more important, betting odds or conditions, come into light.
|Wagered on Bayern Munich -2.5 @1.90
|Wagered on Augsburg +2.5 @2.00
|Condition: Team needs to score 3 or more than 3 goals and win the match for bets on them to win
|Condition: Team needs to win the match, lose the match by 1 goal, or draw the match for bets to win
|Betting odds: 1.90
|Betting odds: 2.00
|Betting stake: RM5
|Betting stake: RM5
|Payout if the bet wins: RM9.50
|Payout if the bet wins: RM10.00
As you can see, the team with higher odds pays out more and luckily in this case, the goal advantage is given to the same team with high odds. This way we can easily tell that even if this team loses the real match, the bets on this team have a better chance of winning.
That being said, there are sometimes when the team with the advantage goals has low odds and the team with a disadvantage has higher odds, so the latter is the better option to go with. Thus, both, the conditions of the handicap bets and the betting odds given to the teams are equally important when it comes to placing bets with accuracy in the sportsbook.
This was the Asian Handicap 2.5 Meaning with examples and an easy 3-step how-to-bet guide. With this, you will be fully equipped to go ahead and place your bets in sportsbooks online but remember to join a trusted online betting site like W88. Joining W88 would give you many benefits but the best one of them all is the new member welcome bonus offer that you can claim upon making the required minimum deposit. Lastly, for more easy explanations of the betting options in sports stick around W88you and use it as your online betting guide!